Friday, August 7, 2009

Ruthie Foster - "Travelin' Shoes"

A few years ago I was interviewed on a radio program. Between segments the host played "Travelin' Shoes" by Ruthie Foster. I had not heard it before and was immediately taken with it.

Some of you wrote and asked me about choosing music for my funeral--which, of course, I hope is years from now--so I thought I would pass along this link to "my" song. Or at least one of them. I want lots of music!!

The lyrics grab me. The music thrills me.

Gonna shout, Hallelujah, done, done my duty.

That is what I hope for at the end of my life...to go out feeling like I have done my duty.

And, since the only real known part of living is that we die, preparing for it seems to be my duty.

Here is the link to the song....

Ruthie Foster - "Travelin' Shoes"


Yes...shout Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment